Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital is pleased to have partnered with Petcardia to provide cardiology care for companion animals. Our comprehensive cardiac examination includes a one-hour consultation, with the owner present, along with a complete cardiac physical exam including non-invasive diagnostics: echocardiogram (heart ultrasound), blood pressure evaluation and electrocardiogram (single-lead, rhythm). Our cardiologists will provide an in-depth written report that includes medical recommendations, specific treatment plans and ongoing support for her patients.
Further non-invasive diagnostic tools, such as Holter monitors and radiography, are available when necessary.
Pets that exhibit any of the following symptoms may benefit from a cardiac evaluation:
- Heart murmur
- Shortness of breath or breathing problems
- Chronic cough
- Heart arrhythmia (irregular heart beat)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Congenital heart defects
- Fluid accumulation in chest or abdomen
- Pets at risk for anesthesia may also be evaluated by our cardiologist to assess possible risk to determine the right plan and safest method moving forward.
To schedule an appointment, please contact Petcardia at 720-724-8010.